Sunday, August 12, 2012

Peterson Reunion 2012

The extended Clark family has their reunion routine figured out.  The location and schedule are the same, every other year on the third weekend of June.  Several of the families live around Capital Reef National Park with a few homesteads in Caineville.  There is a lone hotel there also.  So the town of Caineville is able to accommodate lots of family travelers, trailers, and campers.
This is the forth reunion in Caineville I have made it to since I have been part of the Clark family.  It's funny that I have been pregnant for three of them and some people seem to remember me by that.
This year in conjunction with the reunion, Jared really wanted to return to Goblin Valley and Wild Horse Canyon and hike around those spots with his family.  We left a day early for the reunion after Jared finished work.  The kids crashed at the hotel after the long drive.   

Every visit, I take a photo of "the mesa."   Caineville homesteads are in front of the mesa along the banks of the Fremont river.   
The group is climbing up the middle of this formation in Goblin Valley.

Time to explore
Tessa and Daddy
Tessa and I are a team at these kind of events.  The boys run off with Jared, so I seem to find lots of photo ops of my little girl. 
Messa Tessa is at it again...playing in the dirt with cousin Andrew. 


found the shade!
 
Grandma photographs the group taking a break in the shade under the far right cliffs.

Heading back for lunch
big rocks to climb at the head of Wild Horse Canyon
The bark on this tree has history.  I think it's an Aspen tree, the biggest I've ever seen.
The kids were ready for naps, so the "bigger boys" made the rest of the hike.  (And me.  Jared pressed me into coming along too....)

fun little cave alcoves


Narrow slot canyons

Uncle Bridges --to cross underneath



not too narrow for my belly...
good times
Amazingly we went for more hiking the next day with a group from the reunion.

boys on top



Another great year with the Peterson clan in Southern Utah

p.s.  I regret not taking some photos with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts and Uncles or the whole group gathering.  There's a mistake to learn from.  Next time....

No comments: