Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cherries, Apricots and Plums

So far this year we have enjoyed fruit tree harvest of cherries, apricots and plums.  (from neighbors, sisters, and a random KSL listing) 
We really love the sweet cherries, but I could do without the mess that accompanies them.  

I don't think you can see in this photo how messy and sticky Tessa is.  After we got home once from picking cherries I had to clean her off with the hose before taking her inside.  She had clothes on  that were already a bit worked over from enjoying those sweet treats.  
Amy, Renee, and I pitted and froze all the cherries that we couldn't eat fresh.
I have to thank my sisters for letting me in on these great deals!!  Keep them coming!  I'm hoping we'll still have some grapes and apples before the summer is out! 
We didn't have much of a garden this year since we were in the middle of moving.  We have relied on produce co-ops like Bountiful Baskets and family members have shared peas, peppers, squash, beans, and cucumbers.  Summertime tastes good!  

1 comment:

Rachel said...

those cherries look so good!