Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

This Christmas was our first without family. We enjoyed recreating our favorite old traditions from home and also trying out a few original ones. All in all, it was a great experience, --some fun times and some special moments to remember too. There are too many to list but I wanted to mention a few things I loved about this Christmas.
  • Christmas movies like "White Christmas", "Holiday Inn" and "Little Women"
  • Tastes of the holidays: chocolate oranges, candy canes, clementines, wrapped chestnuts, This list could go on forever. (but I missed Grandma's peanut brittle!)
  • the magic of Santa in the eyes of two boys
  • lessons, testimonies and devotionals centered on Christ --his love, sacrifice and example
  • Christmas dinner hosted by a supermom with three kids younger than mine....



Tessa was the baby Jesus for our Christmas Eve program!


p.s. This Christmas wasn't really "without" family. Thank you for the cards, phone calls, and gifts that helped us to feel your love. Christmas is a wonderful time of drawing close again with those you love. We are grateful for you and we love you!!

No comments: