Perhaps because it is much like the rest of my efforts as a mom. We have good days and bad days. There is always more I could do and always more than I am capable of. But I know it is the best path for our family and I'm very grateful to be able to do it.
I have enjoyed having school at home. I have become a learner again, finding more wonder and excitement in little moments. I felt more invested in my children.
Several families have inspired and guided us as we started our journey this year. The strengths of others truly lift us.
Here are some of the things we have taken photos of..

Searching for shells

Ranger Rick shows a gopher tortoise guarding her den.

Jordan's banana was really cute. (That kid has so many fun ideas!)

We went with a few other families to a local animal preserve.
The animals were incredible and the guide had lots of good information.
The area was set up much like a farm, in a remote residential area.
Ever since that visit (and with some influence from our Little House on the Prairie reading) Michael says he wants to have animals to take care of and he wants to "be a farmer."
He made a chart about what all the different animals eat and wore his cowboy boots and overalls every day for a week. He is an avid learner in whatever strikes his interest.

Amy, do you recognize the animal in the top right? It is the largest rodent in the world from Patagonia.

This is Jack the billygoat. Jill was his companion. The names of all the animals were so fun!


Tessa cracks me up in this picture. She is in the middle of everything....
3 comments:
Fieldtrips would be a zero for us.... oh wait, we went to the zoo once. Darn... we will work on that next years
cool animals. It actually looks more like an animal from australia we saw... but not patagonia... darn
Wow that is creative of Jordan- I can't believe how big Tessa is- with her hair in big tails she looks soooo big! I can't wait to see you guys again :) SOON!
not big tails... pig tails... maybe it would help if I proofread before I posted!
Post a Comment