Saturday, October 13, 2012

Birth


On Sunday morning, September 9, Leisel Alene joined our family.  She measured a healthy 7 pounds 12 ounces and 21 inches long.  We are so grateful for her smooth arrival and good temperament as we make the gradual adjustments. 




I always feel so much gratitude for the midwives and nurses that help me in labor.  In that intense time I need all the help I can get!  Jared is an essential support and helpmeet.  
This time as labor progressed, the midwives were quickly able to help the baby shift from a posterior position.  Then things were ready for the natural progression of pushing and delivery.  The miracle of birth!    
I loved the first moment of seeing Leisel.  I was so glad to have her in my arms. (instead of in my tummy)   It is worth the wait. 

... I had to include the photo of the placenta for memories sake.  You can notice the knot in the umbilical cord :)
                                    

After we rested and dressed the baby, Jared sent out this photo to family with the news. 








No comments: