Monday, October 10, 2011

August Blessings

The first week of August, Jared started work in Provo with Paul Maxfield at the law firm, Lex Arx. Their collaboration has been really nice. Jared has soaked up lots of good experience, while he waited for bar results and as he still waits to be sworn in.
In my opinion, the best part about working with Paul is that we enjoy the whole Maxfield family. The boys love to spend time with Fisher whenever they get the opportunity and I visit with Candy.
At the end of August we made a trip with both families "Up the Lazy Weber" for some hiking and good times. This area Northeast of Heber City is beautiful. We really enjoyed being in the beautiful mountains of Utah with friends.


Other blessings in August included harvest from our garden and from others' gardens. Gardening will always amaze me. Generally, this year was my first independent and somewhat successful experience. We have been eating lots of tomatoes, salsa, green beans, summer squash and chard. I enjoyed a great recipe for rhubarb jam. I juiced and preserved the grapes. And I dehydrated apricot leather and made a some apricot jam. We are looking forward to pears and apples still this fall.



Another blessing is another August birthday in our family! Baby Ruth is my newest niece. She is definitely a sweet blessing. I hope to share a picture of her soon.

We really enjoy being close to family again. At the end of August we got together with cousins and aunts and uncles at my parent's cabin for a Hatch reunion. There was lots of catching up, fun, and good food....

We love being close to the temple again! (or five or six of them!) We took a Sunday outing with the kids and Grandpa to downtown Salt Lake and saw the beautiful flowers and some memorials and graves of LDS Church leaders.