Sunday, May 2, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa in Orlando!!

Grandma and Grandpa Harston were in Florida for nearly a week!
At the beginning of the year, my dad signed up for a medical continuing education conference in Orlando. He finds opportunities through his work that will get him close enough to visit family.
Mom came with him this time also!
We sure looked forward to their visit and enjoyed every minute.
The parting wasn't even too bad since we know now that we'll be in Utah soon for the summer.

I took the kids to Orlando to be with Grandma while dad finished his two days of meetings.
Grandma was the magnet as usual!
I loved to hear Jordan say "I'm so happy..." -about the fun times. He sure loves his family.


We played at the pool of Grandma's fancy resort, and took the boat/ferry ride, and walked around Disney's boardwalk, and tried the paddleboat....


and Grandpa visited on his breaks and brought treats,
"because I'm the Grandpa."


Michael tried the water slide and went back about 15 times. The grin on his face every time he came out the bottom says it all!


Here we are waiting in the lobby for Grandpa to finish the last meetings. Then they drove back to Naples with us to stay for the rest of the weekend.
It was fun to see new things and let the kids catch up with grandparents. and I was really grateful too that Mom juggled the kids while I went to the temple! What a great trip!


p.s. Now Michael says, "Mom, we have to go back to the Dolphin and to Disney World next time. -not the Swan, the Dolphin." hmmm.. we'll see. Anyway who needs Disney when you have such a fun resort!

No comments: