Monday, February 8, 2010

Projects

In January I tried to finish up a few projects in Tessa's room, which is also a guest room/office.

I feel a little bad that she sleeps in a portable crib, but after moving twice since the last baby and with more moves looming in the future I feel best about not adding more furniture to our collection....

I still wanted to make her room special --even though my idea makes a Fold N'Go the center piece of her room.

So I purchased a cylinder shade from IKEA for $8 and then used material that I had to make it into a canopy. Yes it is blue- but Blue is Beautiful right!

The day before I finished my projects in Tessa's room, we heard from our landlord that he will be selling our condo. So we may need to find another place this summer for Jared's last year of law school. <:(


At 4 1/2 months, Tessa is getting more hair and plenty of chubby rolls! We are grateful for a sweet healthy girl!



5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that you don't feel the need to buy another crib! really. and blue is great. the hearts make it cute and feminine. i didn't even notice that blue would have been wrong until you wrote it. good work! sorry you might have to move again :(

Kellye said...

I'm sorry that you have to move! Blah! Do you have any places in mind? You should get into the villas, you can live right next to us. I don't know if you think that a good thing or not! : ) Maybe when my computer get's fixed we can do something in vinyl for Tessa with the matching blue. How does that sound?

Jen Baxter said...

Way to go Candace! Looks great to me!

adam and erica said...

Hey you're baby room looks like ours! We have a crib but it's stuffed right by Adam's desk and our extra twin bed:) That's what happens in tight quarters!

Jenny Allen said...

grr. are you serious!? Moving?! Isaac was in a pack n play forever. They just a flat place to sleep right? Very cute canopy. I wonder what kind of magic you could work on my house.