Sunday, July 31, 2016

EPIC Field Trips

We had some pretty fun field trips throughout the year.  
We love Norman Rockwell!  We had so many favorites at this exhibit.  He portrays America and family life in a fun, wholesome way. 


Norman Rockwell does a lot of self-portraits.  So this was Candy's modern spin on his style with a cell phone while I was taking a photo.
The next morning as the kids were eating breakfast I had a flashback of Rockwell's Kellogg cereal advertisements and had a good laugh.  






Here are more of our Tree of Life crafts from Lehi's vision.





The Iron Rod is the Word of God -- the primary exhibit at the Relief Society building downtown

Eating yummy fruit on every outing

The kids learned about a prophet to teach our group and we visited the Hall in the Conference Center with the busts of each prophet.
Then we visited homes where the prophet's lived in Salt Lake City.  Tessa learned about Wilford Woodruff.  Now when  I go to Liberty Park I remember his farmhouse that is just a block away.   
We also visited the graves of prophets in the Salt Lake Cemetary.

At the end of the year we did a reenactment of Lehi's dream.   

1 comment:

Rachel said...

that is a really cute photo of the kids all lined up eating their morning cereal :)