Three days ago I wouldn't have believed that Tessa would be sleeping in a toddler bed so sweetly and willingly at bedtime tonight. I'm amazed how quickly kids can make changes and transitions.
So, Sunday night Tessa consistently climbed out of her crib...time after time. Monday nap time was a disaster also. I took the bookshelf and toys out of the boys room, changed the doorknob lock around, and settled her in for a nap there instead. After 40 minutes of crying with periodic reassurances from me, she fell asleep. Bedtime that night was a little rough too, but it worked. And today was surprisingly easy. Tonight with no tears at all!
I hadn't anticipated the challenge of crib to toddler bed just yet. The boys slept well in their cribs till much older, but at least we can tackle this lesson now and have it behind us.
Tessa is such a fun and energetic little girl, we have to take the whole package --however troublesome at times. Thank goodness for her trusting and happy spirit that help her ease right into the chaos of life. I have learned a lesson that I shouldn't let my fear of a possible negative reaction hold me back from breaking bad habits or just doing something new or better. If kids are so adaptable, I can try to be too.
The house remodel didn't get finished until late Friday night. So we had
all day Saturday to move in furniture and clean up all the dust. It was a
little...
2 comments:
much better than us! and we will read little house next after we finsih jack and annie
I am so glad that Tessa's had a fairly quick transition to a toddler bed. Whew, indeed! That can be a challenging event. We're still working on making the transition with Gunnar. He occasionally sleeps in his "big boy bed" but not full-time, yet. Two nights ago, I put him to bed in the toddler bed and then laid Eli in the crib, and Gunnar kept saying, "That's my crib! That's my crib!" He sounded so genuinely sad! Hopefully, he'll grow to love his new bed quickly, when we decide we're truly ready to take the leap for good! I hope Tessa continues to sleep well in her new bed. What a little doll! Love her.
Post a Comment