I am so glad we are starting to function at a higher level. Michael and Jordan have been patient and happy accommodate the needs of a new baby. They are both very good boys! Now it is my turn to take a timeout and spotlight what I love about them.
Jordan turned three on Wednesday. He is very busy and talks non-stop. His expanding vocabulary is revealing lots of fun things that go on in his head. This afternoon, he reviewed what everyone was busy doing, "Dad is studying, Tessa is sleeping..., and in a minute, I'll save the solar system." He is deep into the stage of pretending and transforming into anything he can think of. The other day Michael was writing words and then he and Jordan would make up a story about the word. Michael wrote "mad" and Jordan said, "when I was mad, I grew up to be a mom." I laughed and thought of our challenging last few weeks with another resolve. That's how kids help parents become better people.

Jordan is a "firecracker." (Maybe he will grow out of it, but he is going to do what he wants to do, not what is acceptable to anyone else.) He is small but not weak. He knows how to defend himself against the bigger kid (--brother) and sometimes he is known to tell the little kids who is who. <:|
Although he is a big brother now and three-years-old, Jordan is still my little boy. He was such a sweet baby and he has always been good at giving hugs and kisses. I hope he'll always keep his delightful spirit.
2 comments:
I am glad you reminded me to write down some of those fun things kids say, Your things made me laugh. It seems I have heard some of the similiar things at my house.
Good for you for being able to step back and see things from your children's views...I hope I have such perpective to learn these lessons!
Post a Comment